Bay Street Innovation Corridor
Collaborate. Innovate. Prosper.
The Bay Street Innovation Corridor is a transformative project integrating innovation and emerging technologies into public transportation service delivery.
This will demonstrate a national model for the deployment of autonomous transit vehicles with advanced sensors and technologies that will support big data analytics.
What is the
Bay Street Innovation Corridor?
The Bay Street Innovation Corridor (BSIC) is the first phase of the three-phase U2C project.
The BSIC is a federally and locally funded project that will introduce autonomous vehicles to downtown Jacksonville.
The autonomous vehicles will initially operate in mixed traffic in curbside lanes along Bay Street for three miles from Pearl Street east to TIAA Bank Field, extending through the Jacksonville urban core.
This will connect residential areas, businesses along Bay Street and the Sport and Entertainment Complex.
The BSIC will also include street-level improvements, Smart Technology, as well as an operations and maintenance building.
How is the BSIC being constructed?
The BSIC is being constructed using progressing design-build method that offers options for the operation and maintenance of the entire system. In January 2022, Balfour Beatty Construction LLC was awarded the contract. There are four major phases in the delivery of the BSIC:
- Phase I-A: Delivery of the 30% plan set & other associated deliverables
- Phase I-B: Delivery of the 60% plan set & other associated deliverables
- Phase II: Construction Commencement
- Phase III: Operation and Maintenance of BSIC Commencement
The BSIC is set to be complete in December 2025.
November 9, 2022: Business Stakeholder Engagement Meeting
- Time: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Location: TIAA Bank Field, West Club: 1 TIAA Bank Field Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32202
November 17, 2022: Public Engagement Meeting
- Time: 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Location: Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center (Third Floor): 100 LaVilla Center Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Survey: https://go.jtafla.com/bsic-survey
Sign Up for Bay Street Innovation Corridor Updates!
Keep up to date with the Bay Street Innovation Corridor (BSIC) project by filling out this form!